Saturday 26 November 2011

WINTER IS ALIVE AND KICKING

I am writing this from my 2nd Space (1st is home, 2nd is Eurosport and 3rd Space is my fantastic rehab centre in Soho).

Sadly, once again, commentating on a race I should be racing in. Soon, Chemmy soon!!

But I find commentating really helps me keep my head in the game. I love my sport - skiing is my passion, I think anyone who listened to my commentary with Matt Chilton can tell how enthusiastic we are.

It is NOT the same as being there, feeling the thrill of racing and going on the limit but it is the best I can do right now.

So far I can confirm the following racers on Eurosport with Matt and I:

Aspen, sat and sun
Lake Louise, fri, sat and sunday (Definitely tune in for this -  will be very interesting how I will feel commentating on the very race where exactly one year I had my massive crash!)
Lienz sat and sun

Stay tuned folks!!
Happy weekend

1 comment:

  1. Chemmy

    My wife and I have been watching the Eurosport Alpine skiing coverage and we both feel your commentary definitely adds something to it. Your insight into the skiers, their backgrounds, etc. is invaluable.

    We do however have one question... A word we've heard you use on a number of occasions in terms of the girls skiing is "schmering" (not sure on the spelling!) - could you explain its meaning? We can't find a definition of it anywhere.

    Keep up the good work and we look forward to seeing you back racing next season ;-)

    ReplyDelete